The James Tansey Elementary School will work in partnership with parents and the community to help students develop a positive vision of the future and to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to succeed in their middle school community as well as our changing world. Students will be held to high expectations, valued for their individuality, culture and diversity and nurtured as individuals with social, emotional, physical and academic needs.
- Provide a student centered learning environment which fosters independence through active participation.
- Provide a comprehensive and challenging curriculum in all content areas using targeted and focused instruction.
- Continually collect and analyze a variety of assessments / data to inform instruction.
- Ensure that all community members treat each other with dignity and respect.
- Pursue partnerships with parents, community members, business and other agencies to ensure broad participation in education.